Friday, January 14, 2005

Back Home Again

I thought I'd make an entry while I was momentarily feeling well enough to do so.  Wow, this bronchial/bacterial infection has really been miserable.  Most of the time I have been too ill to even sit up.  But the Z-Pac they gave me for an antibiotioc, as well as the cough medicine, and steriods (yuck, a weight gainer) for asthma, should fix me up within about a week.  I can't wait.  I guess I am a baby but when you are going through it, you feel like you are going to die, and like it will NEVER end, lol.

So, I just got back from Ohio and helping John's Mom.  She really needed it.  She was so frail.  We were really shocked when we saw her.  She is 5'7" but looked about 90 lbs.  She could not put on her own shoes, get dressed, cook for herself, pull out the chair for herself, nor even feed herself too well.  I wonder what she had been doing before we got there.  I think her husband had been helping her before he became deceased.

Before John and I left we got her all kinds of services.  We got somebody to come out and stay with her just about everyday of the week.  We got her a greif counselor, a senior companion, help with cleaning, help with bills, help with packing (she is going to stay with John's sister eventually), one of the buttons to wear around your neck if you fall).  Okay, I can't remember if there was anything else but I was pretty satisfied.  Because this was for a woman who always resisted ANY kind of help.  And the services were free!  Oh yes, we got her free transportation to doctor's appointments and such!

At any rate, all of this was very tiring to do.  So was being a full time home health care aide.  She woke up at three thirty in the morning so I had to get up at three thirty in the morning.  Because she would often need my help with something.  She had fallen just a couple of days before.  That is something else we did.  Took her to get x-rays to see if she had broken anything!  Anyway, I stray.  I was getting up at 3:30 am and going to bed at 12:30 am.  With some catnaps during the day.  Very poor idea for a bipolar.  I need to take care of myself also.  That is probably why I got sick when I got back.  My immune system held it together because it was necessary when I was there and then I just collapsed. 

Well, this entry is getting to long already and I am beginning to feel feverish.  If you don't hear from me in a few days it is because I am still under the weather.  We shall see.  Pray for me and I will pray for you.  Love, Krissy

12 comments:

  1. Oh, sissy, this all sounded so daunting just reading it.  Poor John's Mom.  Poor Krissy.  Poor John.  I am so proud of you and John for getting these services for John's mom.  You can explain all of this to me when you are feeling better.  If she was resistant, it must have been terribly hard!  God bless you, my sissy, and know that you are in my constant prayers!!  I am so glad you are home and in your own warm bed and safe and sound!!  Hug John and Tricky Kitty for me!  Love you like crazy, lovely girl! xoxoxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home!!! sorry you don't feel well, but I'm glad you're back safe!! was a little worried but your wonderful sister let us know you got back.  You're still in my prayers .. hope you feel better soon.  Stay warm, get plenty of rest and fluids (the mom in me coming out :).. go ahead and baby yourself, that's how we get better faster!!
    Luv ya,
    ~ Promise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krissy please take care of yourself and I hope you get better very soon. You have been doing too much, so your friend is telling you to be a good girl and do as you are told (thought that comment would make you laugh - coming from me!). Keep warm, drink lots of fluids and stay in bed. Speak to you as soon as you are up to it. You are always in my prayers. Lots of love.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Krissy, I'm so sorry you aren't feeling so great.  I hope your feeling better soon. It's good to have you back at j-land, you were missed.  I wish I could offer some words of comfort for the situations  you've been in.  Take care of yourself.

    Monica
    http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/SmilinMonsAdventures/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home Krissy, I`m so sorry to hear that you are not well, I home you feel better very soon.  You seem to have done a great deal for John`s Mum, that was really kind of you.  You take good care of yourself , God bless  Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're feeling better real soon, Krissy.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice for you and John to do all of those things for his mother before you left.I hope you get feeling better soon, and yes you do need to take care f yourself to. Glad you had a safe trip...........Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  8. My prayers are for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Krissy it was wonderful of you both to do so much for John's Mum and it is very heartwarming to know she is being well looked after.  Hope you feel better really soon.  We are not getting any or hardly any journals alerts over here, been like that for a couple of days so I just hope I do not miss out on anybody.  God bless you xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Krissy I hope you feel better soon my dear :o(
    Am glad that you managed to find all that help for John's Mum, and that you were able to look after her while you were there - just sorry that you're ill now.  Feel better soon.
    Sara   x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh honey it's time for you to take care of yourself.  Rest, rest and rest.

    By the way, you might want to keep an eye on your sugar levels since you are taking steroids.

    Hugs, my friend,

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well goodness!  I hope you get to feeling better!  I've been under the weather, too.  Winter blahs/blues are bumming me out, and not feeling well makes it worse.  Feel better!
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Now is your chance! So what do you want to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...