Monday, January 3, 2005

Happy 2005

It's a few days late, but I wanted to say Happy 2005 to everybody.  This year is going to be a year full of many new changes for me.  I have so much planned.  And the wedding is in May.  That is such a short time away!

Before I look ahead I just wanted to say that I had a wonderful time at Val's New Year's Eve Party.  There weren't a lot of folks in town, so only four of us gathered at her house, but four made a fantastic amount of fun!  There was Val, me, John, and Michael (a friend of ours, not the cat).  We had lots of good food and drinks (including our traditional guacamole dip, and punch made of grape juice, gingerale and sherbert).  We of course watched the ball drop at midnight.  And in between we talked and played party games. 

I loved the games!  I got some off the Internet and modified some of them to fit us a little bit.  They had us in stitches.  One of them had us sitting in a circle passing an envelope.  Everybody had to say "Chugga Chugga Chugga Chugga Choo Choo" at the same time.  Then we repeated it.  Whoever was left holding the envelope at the second Choo Choo had to reach in it and do what it said.  Everything had you make somewhat of a fool of yourself, but it was ok, as everybody was doing it on their turn also.  I think the funniest one was when John pulled out "Be a ballet dancer for sixty seconds."  He was doing his ballet routine around the room, stopped in front of the window and said, "I had better stop now, lest somebody be looking in the window and think something is wrong!"  He was such a good sport for doing that.  Another game had us linking arms and with a team member and hitting a balloon back and forth.  Yes, I was really getting grown adults to do these things, lol.  Then we played Trivial Pursuit. (Val's idea).  We played for awhile and quit because the men were smearing me and Valerie.

At midnight we watched the ball drop.  Then we screamed Happy New Year out the window.  We sat around and talked for awhile longer and went home.  We really had a fun time!

New Year's Day was really great also.  A quiet time for John and I.  I made a ham with a cranberry sauce and clove glaze.  First time I ever tried it and it came out well.  I also made some pumpkin custard and John made mashed potatoes. 

So that has been my past few days.  Sunday was nice also because I went to church.  I would say a pretty good start to a new year.  Except that John found out yesterday that his stepdad (well he is so close to him that he calls him dad) passed away.  But I will leave that for the next entry. 

8 comments:

  1. So glad that you and Val had such fun at New Year.  It all sounds like a hoot, wish I could have been there.  Sorry to hear about John's Stepdad, our condolences to John.  Yes, you have so much to look foward to Krissy, first comes the Spring and then your wedding.  How wonderful it is going to be.  Happy New Year to you my dear friend xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please pass on my condolences to John Krissy.
    Am glad you said that the Michael at the party wasn't your cat, I would have had visions of the cat sitting in the circle saying chugga chugga choo choo!!  I love trivial pursuit, haven't played in years though.  Sounds like you had a great time.  
    Sara   x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell John I am thinking of him and send my deepest sympathy. Take care of him Krissy.
    Love Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about John's dad!  You are all in my prayers.  I'm glad that New Year's was a good and special time for you all.  Love, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds a good time was had by all at the Val New Year's Eve Live Party. Such a child am I that party games still excite and thrill me. What grand fun. Your description of the ham and clove glaze, smashed taters, and pumpkin custard is making me hungry, better go before I begin nibbling on the keyboard. a blessed and Happy New Year to you and yours. Condolences to John on the passing of his step dad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor John...but glad you had a fun New Year celebration. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, glad you had a good one. What do you listen to to let you know New Year has arrived, we all wait for the chimes on big ben, a big clock in london, the chimes are broadcast on radios and tv and are played almost everywhere at midnight.....Jules xxxxx
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about Johns dad, but Im glad you had a fun New Year  Sandra x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Now is your chance! So what do you want to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...