Saturday, April 24, 2010

3 Hairs

3 Hairs

There was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror,
and noticed she had only three hairs on her head.

"Well," she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today."

So she did and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror, and saw that she had
only two hairs on her head.

"Hmmm," she said, "I think I'll part my hair today."

So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror, and noticed that she had
only one hair on her head.

"Well," she said, "today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail."

So she did, and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror, and noticed that there
wasn't a single hair on her head.

"YAY!" she exclaimed, "I don't have to fix my hair today!"

Attitude is everything! It can make or break your day.

Everyone you come in contact with is fighting battles like you. Let's take care of one another. And don't forget to take care of yourself!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This poem is dedicated to all my cancer survivor friends. Hang in there Laurie, Phil, Jeannette, Patti, Fritz, Tom, Michelle, Jamie, Georgia, and each and every one of you. ;)

Most of all this poem is dedicated to my husband John, who went bald numerous times during his cancer ordeal.


John without much hair, during one of his 100+ blood transfusions


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you have cancer or know someone who does, please visit your local American Cancer Society. The link is listed below. When you get to the ACS website, enter your zipcode in the box on the top right of the page to find ACS help in your local area.

American Cancer Society

If you are a cancer patient and would like to receive a card to encourage you, click the link below, then click on "REQUEST A JUMP" on the top right of the page. If you would like to send a card to a cancer patient, click the same link below, and click on "BECOME A JUMPER."

SPIRIT JUMP

See also my Sister Valerie's blog today, she also wrote a cancer awareness message~

Joy in the Rain 3 Hairs, Cancer Awareness



Remember, be good to each other, be good to yourself, and attitude really is everything!

Have a GRAND day!

all my love, krissy :)

11 comments:

  1. It's so true attitude is what counts. We can be thankful for what we have. Blessings for a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the good wishes, Krissy.

    DB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes attitude is about as much a part of healing as treatment. And all who are healthy should really double check their own attitudes about what comes their way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so true attitude is very much part of the healing process. My mum had cancer last year and she had a brilliant attitude, she is better now. They took all the cancer away. She is still checked over to make sure it doesnt come back. Laine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you back. I like the poem. I am older and I notice that three hairs on my face, bristly white ones qualify me as a bearded lady. Guess I can braid them. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely true, Krissy. Hope John and yourself are doing well

    Guido

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this, my brother will enjoy the irony. He's proud that after several treatments his hair is still "hanging in" but he's a realist and has great humor, I know if he goes all dome-chromed he'll be the first to exploit the laughs from it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found a friend's blog. He started it while he was battling cancer. He passed away recently and now his wife is keeping the blog going.

    In case you are interested, here is the link.
    http://kennethhjones.wordpress.com/

    Prayers for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can set up my new idea from this post. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information for all,.. raquel welch

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have done a great job. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site. wig of human hair

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. wholesale wigs

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Now is your chance! So what do you want to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...