Thursday, April 14, 2005

Baltimore, Part 2

I promised in my Baltimore entry to tell you want the results meant for Valerie's procedure and I never did.  Her intercranial pressure is too low.  This can cause all kinds of problems.  The problem is the hospital doesn't know what they are going to do about it.  You see, they can't just adjust the shunt that is in her head.  Because when they did the last operation and put a shunt in, they put in a nonprogrammable shunt in instead of a programmable shunt!  Now they have to make a decision if they want to take out the old shunt (the one they can't program) and put in a new one.  It depends on how bad they feel her symptoms are.  As in how sick she is feeling right now.  She has her really bad days but her headaches aren't severe right now, so they haven't decided what they are going to do yet.

I hope she won't mind that I put in all that information in about her.  

Hope everyone is having a good day.  

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Krissy.  A difficult decision.  In the end they have to do what is right for the patient.  I am sure God will guide them.  In the meantime, you are both in my prayers xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so hoping the last one would be the last one! Prsayers for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jules196420014/14/2005 3:59 PM

    thinking of you and Val and prayers being sent out.........Jules xxxx
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if replacing the shunt will be more risky than the first time around when they put it in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. chemelia26724/14/2005 5:53 PM

    I hope everything works out for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will keep Val in my prayers.  I pray for her often anyway as we are prayer partners.
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you both.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Now is your chance! So what do you want to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...