Monday, October 24, 2005

Two donors!

Wow I'm ecstatic today.  I can't contain it.  After months of wondering if John would find a donor for his bone marrow transplant, I found out he has two donors.  Two.  That's right, two!  I called his Transplant Specialist's nurse today.  She told me the news.  She said both donors were a "perfect match"!  A perfect match means ten identifiers match.  Ruth (the nurse) said that if there is more time before John's transplant is to take place, she will have time to
examine other things within each donor's makeup, including their blood type, thereby determining the very best donor for John!  She also said that one of the donors could be used as a back up for him!

I remember an entry I did when I first found out John needed a donor.  I was a little discouraged back then.  It was predicted that there was an 80% chance that he would get a donor.  I thought, wow, I just know it, he will be in the 20% that will never get one, and he will just die.  Because he has had such bad luck.  I wasn't thinking positive at all.

Well today I feel real good.  There is always a reason to think positive!  As a matter of fact, I feel this is downright miraculous that John got a donor this quickly.  I have gone on message boards and I have never found anyone who has found two donors in this amount of time.  Actually, I have never met anyone who has found one donor in this amount of time!  I really believe God is behind this.  Not that God isn't helping somebody who didn't find a donor right away.  I just feel like John is supposed to have a donor.  And I am glad he has two.  What a relief!  I told John today that this is of course better than winning the lottery.  It is a chance to save his life.  And I believe he will live.

Thank you all who have been praying.  And who have been staying with me and listening through all these twists and turns.  You are the best!  Love you lots, Krissy :)       

46 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you two!!!! wonderful news!!
    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krissy, I could jump up and down. I am just so excited and happy for you.  This is tremendous news and yes miraculous.  Prayer does work.  God bless you both and YIPPEE!

    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/Family/

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAHOOOOOO Praise the lord!!!!!!!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!!!  Thank you Lord!!!  

    ((((((HUGS)))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krissy, I am so happy for you and John! Thank you Lord!! Answered prayers; more than expected; but then, He is an awesome God who can do the impossible. Great news! I can hardly contain myself with joy :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for confiding this wonderful news to me Krissy. As I told you earlier am thrilled to bits for you both. Take care.
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. thefaircolleen10/24/2005 6:35 PM

    This is the best news ever Krissy! To have TWO donors is miraculous.This is meant to be for John,theres a reason why things happen thats out of our control,we can only thank God when these things happen.God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. funnyface0s010/24/2005 6:39 PM

    two donors is fantastic - well done John.   So happy for you both.
    Luv Jayne
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/funnyface0s0/SingleGirl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doing a happy dance for you guys!!!!
    http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

    ReplyDelete
  10. princesssaurora10/24/2005 7:09 PM

    YAY!!!!  I am so happy for you and John!  I am doing the happy dance...think Snoopy!  YAY!!!  Prayers work, sweetheart and you have had many coming and even more to come in the future!  

    Be well,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  11. jlocorriere0510/24/2005 7:14 PM

    That's absolutely wonderful, I'm so happy for you both. No wonder you're ecstatic!! Jeannette.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so happy for you both!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. YIPPEEEEEEEEEE!  I am SO very happy for you both.   You deserve this.   Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. firestormkids0410/24/2005 7:24 PM

    Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!  Praise the Maker of heaven and earth!  Congratulations, John.  Congratulations, Krissy,  What wonderful, fantastic, super, great, fabulous, etc., etc., etc., news!  Blessings, my beloveds, Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well Praise God!!!!! Give him the glory krissey. See your faith is strong, I told you all would be ok, "if God be for you who can be against you". Im so happy!!!!

    Hugs, kisses , more hugs((((((((More Hugs))))))))))

    angelrose

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read your news and shouted out in celebration and my husband came running to see what all the noise was about, lol. That's so great! Congratulations!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank God !!! What great, great news.

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I am so happy for the both of you..God has gotten you this far because of you faith in him.........and the love that you & John share......just a little way to go yet....will continue with the prayers..................Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful news!  I am happy for both of you!!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  20. childebrand196810/24/2005 9:01 PM

    That is wonderful news, Krissy (and John!)!

    I remember that entry, too....

    I believe in the power of positive thinking...and well, J~Land is good for always sending those positive vibes out :)

    Almost as powerful as praying, I think..... even if not a religious person, thank God anyway!

    This is just terrific!

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  21. missboogerhead10/24/2005 9:05 PM

    Krissy, that is soooo awesome!!!  Congratulations!  I am so glad for the two of you!  <<HUGS>>
    ~Miss O

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks and Praises to our Good Lord !  Amen !  I'm so happy for you both !
    'On Ya' - ma

    ReplyDelete
  23. dreamingbrwneyes10/24/2005 11:22 PM

    There's proof that prayer works. This is WONDERFUL news!! So happy for the two of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. ernhrtfanalwys310/24/2005 11:34 PM

    Oh that is wonderful! I am so thrilled for the both of you. Please keep me updated!

    ReplyDelete
  25. PRAISE THE LORD !!!  That is wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Isn't GOD AWESOME KRISSY! Girl Im praising him with you and JOHN!! WHOOHOO~FLAVA

    http://journals.aol.com/ladyhasflava/TheDayandTimesofaNovelist

    ReplyDelete
  27. ally12313058591810/25/2005 4:14 AM

    Krissy that is such good news, Your prayers have been answered....do you know yet when the transplant will take place ? Ally

    ReplyDelete
  28. krissy..
    thats just wonderful..all the prayers has been answered

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am so happy for you both Krissy.  This is the best news ! :-)

    Sandra xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. What wonderful news!  Prayer does wonderful things.  He is an awesome God.  Lelly

    ReplyDelete
  31. jules1964200110/25/2005 9:16 AM

    that is brilliant news Krissy, I am so pleased for you both. Thank you for the post card, it was lovely and I was really pleased to get it. Thank John as well for me..........Jules xxxxxx
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awesome news.  Congratulations.
    Best to you and John,
    Judith
    http://journals.aol.com/jtuwliens/MirrorMirrorontheWall

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yes, Krissy, I do believe there is a reason for two donors and for this to be happening so soon....Sending hugs to you and John and Mr. Michael!! xoxoxox
    http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh Krissy!  This entry made me cry, but I assure you they are happy tears!  We rejoice with you!  Tell John to keep that wonderful positive attitude!!!!!!  We are going to think positive and believe that John is going to live!!!!!!!

    Blessings!~
    Susan
    http://journals.aol.com/rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle

    ReplyDelete
  35. sarajanesmiles10/25/2005 5:05 PM

    Krissy, this is just the best news my dear, I am so happy for you and John!!!!!  
    (((((((((( Krissy and John ))))))))))
    Sara   x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Krissy,
    Reading your entry this afternoon made me smile.  I am so happy for John and for you.  Prayers were indeed answered.  I will continue to pray.  Hugs, LuAnne

    ReplyDelete
  37. heathyrxmarie10/25/2005 8:49 PM

    YAY!  Our prayers have been answered! I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and of course, John too!
    Hugs,
    xoxo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  38. FANTASTIC!!! I'm pulling for both of you & prayer helps!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Just found your journal. My daughter had a BMT when she was 19 months old, she had AML leukemia. She's in Heaven now. I will be praying for your husband. BMT's are rough, but being cancer free is worth it!! I'll be praying for both of you. I'll be checking back.

    God Bless
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Krissy
    hugs, natalie

    ReplyDelete
  41. excellient news, see is does look like everything is going smooth, god never lets anyone down

    ReplyDelete
  42. FANTASTIC NEWS!!!! Worthy of shouting, I'd say. I am so happy for you both!
    Hugs, Sassy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  43. How did I miss this news!!!!!!


    Oh this is wonderful!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. This is GREAT news!!!  Sorry I am so late in getting here...JAE

    ReplyDelete
  45. I am late in getting here because of this dumb computer....I cannot believe that John has two donors...I am so happy.... I think of you both all the time and pray for you lots........love you   hugs         MoodyMyke

    ReplyDelete
  46. Very lucky indeed! I hope he played the lottery this past week too!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Now is your chance! So what do you want to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...