Sunday, December 7, 2008

my friend Elayne speaks about AIDS

I want to apologize to Elayne of It's a Reel Thing. She wrote a post entitled World AIDS Day on Monday, and I promised some friends I would mention the post in this blog (Sometimes I Think). I can't believe I missed posting it, but then I have 2,437 emails and I simply overlooked it. That's my poor excuse. So I ask you all to please go read her post. Elayne is a very, very special woman. She wouldn't call herself exceptional perhaps, but I am going to! She was an LPN a few years back, and she decided to care for AIDS patients immediately after she met two men with AIDS who were being ignored by medical staff. It was at a time when very few others would help those with AIDS, because of the extreme stigma involved. I know that Yeshua (Jesus) would help those with AIDS if He were alive today, just like He helped the lepers in His societey about 2,000 years ago -- the outcast of His society...


While Elayne believes in helping those with AIDS/HIV, she also believes that we should turn to G-d (she does not spell God out completely because she is Messianic Jew -- which means a Christian Jew). Turning our life over to G-d means giving our life to Him, and asking for forgiveness of anything that one needs to ask forgiveness for. Elayne also believes in keeping oneself pure before marriage, and being monogamous during marriage. Her husband, Mark believes likewise, and so they had a pure relationship! Elayne writes a fantastic post about this, which you can catch in this post: Your Kidding, Right?.

Okay, enough said. I'll let Elayne speak for herself!

"Some personal stuff in my life"
Oh, one more thing I wanted to mention. I've got lots more to share with you still -- what has been going on in my life as of late. To make it a little short (ya, right, LOL), John has been in the hospital about one month out of the last two months. I will explain later. He was almost killed by a doctor. He was mocked (laughed at profusely) by several other physicians (an attending and about four residents) doing rounds. John got out of the hospital again about a week ago. Or was it two? It was two days before Thanksgiving. I was giving him home IVs around the clock. A nurse almost killed him during the last home IV when she came to pull his port out in his chest near his heart. Long story. Will explain later. Okay, so like, before that, several months ago, before the migration to Blogger, and John's month long stay at his bone marrow transplant center due to some very serious complications that almost killed him, we were actually having some fun! John and I raised some money for Light the Night walk (The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society!) We were able to do the walk -- I think it was over 2 miles -- John's first big endeavor since his bone marrow transplant and remission from cancers about 3 years ago! I got photos of the event! They are spectacular!

Then Kodak erased ALL my photos because I didn't agree to give them like $59.99 for the rest of my life, LOL. And they didn't warn me that the six month trial period was up. Sigh. I have to find a way to get the pics back, because I still have the original photos on the memory card in my camera. Like 300 pics, including a fun day we toured a cave -- where a man lived for part of his lifetime -- near Hershey, PA. I will show you the cave and tell you his story too -- the Pennsylvania Hermit! I did SOMETHING correct for once -- I left the photos on the memory card. In this digital stuff and computer stuff, it seems I am ALWAYS making mistakes. I feel so stupid since I came to Blogger (blogspot). Sigh, I am having so much trouble with it... Anyway, I will be updating soon on all this, and will show you all the photos, and what else is going on in my life, when I find a way to get my photos online without KODAK eating or stealing them. Any ideas of what software I can use to keep my photos, both to download and to keep them? Perhaps if I can download without using KODAK (if the camera will let me, I can upload into Photobucket, and then KODAK can't touch them, because they won't be in My Pictures on my computer anymore. Does anybody know?

Thanks so much if you can help!


Oh, one final thing. I'm still going to get back to you on the series I am doing about what the best way to read blogs is. Or finding the best way for YOU yourself to read blogs. Thanks for being patient while I get back to this series!


Love you all, Krissy :)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the write up. Mark and I are honoured. Keeping you and John in our prayers.
    Laini

    ReplyDelete
  2. As with all things we often only hear about the bad side. There really are many that have and do the good things in life, we just don't hear about them. I'm always trying to look ON THE BRIGHT SIDE. It is so true that there are many.
    Thank you for posting her entry. I did read it and I hope many others did too.

    'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you and John are doing well! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Laini's entry last Monday; it was very well thought out and written; she and Mark are so very special (just like you and John)

    you have had a tough fall, Krissy, with all John's health problems and it has been a not smooth transition over to Blogger; I know I'm still learning a lot; haven't figured out how to put music on or even upload a video; thankfully there are lots of people here who do know how to do things and are helping us that are struggling and I know a lot of people will be willing to help you to know the best way to store pictures, etc

    I'm glad you guys were able to participate in that walk back in September and I look forward to hearing more about that cave adventure; that sounds like a lot of fun

    you guys are in my prayers

    betty

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Now is your chance! So what do you want to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...