Thursday, September 8, 2005

John might have a donor!

I am so excited!  John may have a donor!

Yesterday John called Hershey Medical Center (where he is going to have the bone marrow transplant) to ask if a donor was found for him yet.  Ruth, the RN who handles such matters, was not in.  So John left his name and number.

Well, Ruth called back at 8:30 AM today.  She told John that one more thing needed to be checked, but they think they have found him a perfect match!  A PERFECT match!  She told him to keep positive, because when everything has matched as it has thus far, the last piece almost always matches too.  She said by the time John comes to see Dr. Claxton in October, they will be finished with what they need to do, and will be sure whether or not it is a match.  

I am so excited.  Dr. Claxton told John at his initial appointment that he had an 80% chance of finding a donor.  While this is a high percentage, in the back of my mind, I kept thinking, what if he was in that 20% who can't find a donor.  Well, today's news is a good sign.  It looks like his marrow type is not a real rare one.

So I hope they found a donor on the first check.  Here's hoping and praying...

46 comments:

  1. pixiedustnme9/08/2005 8:04 PM

    Such exciting news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome news!!!
    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news Krissy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krissy, This is fantastic news! So happy for both of you.   ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God Krissy, Im so glad.

    Blessings
    angelrose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise the lord!!!!! Praying for you and john:)

    Essayons

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you and John.  I have been keeping you in my prayers.  It is so good to hear such wonderful news.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. readmereadyou9/08/2005 9:11 PM

    Yahoooooo! This sounds as if it's really great news. Let's keep hoping. : ) : ) : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...I hope, i hope, i hope......     Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. vagabondevermore9/08/2005 9:25 PM

    Awesome!  I am so happy for you.

    -jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is great news! I'm adding John to my prayer list that this donor will be the perfect match!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  12. justbeyourself059/08/2005 9:46 PM

    I hope things work out for you and John. I wish the best for you & your family. I will pray for y'all.
    I can understand how you feel because my uncle needs a kidney transplant and he is on the list i hope.
    Love justbeyourself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, here's hoping and praying, and crossing every available appendage!
    Best,
    Judith
    http://journals.aol.com/jtuwliens/MirrorMirrorontheWall

    ReplyDelete
  14. heathyrxmarie9/08/2005 10:04 PM

    Krissy, I will be praying and lighting a candle for John, and this positive and hopeful news!  Please keep us updated!
    Hugs,
    xoxo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah! Great news... I'll keep my fingers (and toes, and anything else I can think of) crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a huge smile on my face right now, I bet your mouth hurts from the grin on your face.  Keeping my fingers crossed and saying some prayers.

    Terra

    ReplyDelete
  17. princesssaurora9/08/2005 11:34 PM

    OMG - Wow!  That is so awesome!  I will be praying some more and hoping you hear more definite news soon!  YAY!!

    Be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/
    Poetry:

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thinking of you both, hope all goes well.
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/aniracj/StrannyDayze/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you God for this wonderful hope for John and Krissy!!
    Both of you have a wonderful weekend!
    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. sarajanesmiles9/09/2005 2:59 AM

    Fantastic news to wake up to this morning :o)
    (((((Krissy and John)))))
    Sara   x

    ReplyDelete
  21. ally1231305859189/09/2005 3:22 AM

    Krissy I am so pleased for you both - You and John must be over the moon.....Roll on October when you will be sure - stay positive...Ally

    ReplyDelete
  22. chemelia26729/09/2005 8:56 AM

    Hurray! I have been thinking about John and the donor process. I will keep John and you in my prayers. Thank God for donor.  

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hurray indeed! Our hopes and prayers go out to you! Hershey Medical Center is a good hospital - right up the road from me (well, about 45 mins, anyway) and they always do a good job!
    Peace and love,
    Charley

    ReplyDelete
  24. :D..What is the date of his appt. Krissy?  I have a new bounce in my step..:D!!xox

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh so HAPPY fpr you BOTH...when will you know for sure ? still praying....Kasey
    http://journals.aol.com/kkasey47/Kaseysquilt/

    ReplyDelete
  26. justaname4me29/09/2005 12:03 PM

    YES! I hope, hope, hope, that a perfect donor really has been found. Crossing all my fingers and toes.
    Keep that spirit up!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  27. rocketman6854349/09/2005 12:34 PM

    Oh Krissy thats good news.I'll keep my fingers crossed for John that they have found a Donor.Good Luck and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  28. thats great news...my fingers are crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  29. YIPPEE!!! I am so happy for you two.  I will keep praying.  Love LuAnne

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG & Thank God! I pray this holds out! YAY! Figured this calld for a bit of shouting & hollarin! Sassy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. jules196420019/09/2005 3:26 PM

    OMG I am so pleased for you both, I am really excited and hope this is a chance for full recovery. I will pray extra hard it will be a match..........Jules xxxx
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

    ReplyDelete
  32. springangel2359/09/2005 5:46 PM

    That is the BEST news...I am so happy for John and for you too.
    Hugs,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  33. AWESOME NEWS!!!  How great for you guys!  JAE

    ReplyDelete
  34. ladyhasflava9/09/2005 6:30 PM

    Isn't prayer just awesome my sister. JOHN is in my prayers. You keep believing and see the move of GOD! Im happy for you. Thanks for the kind words as well. Stay positive! FLAVA

    http://journals.aol.com/ladyhasflava/TheDayandTimesofaNovelist/
    oliviastith.tripod.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh, Krissy!  What WONDERFUL news!!!!  I am hoping and praying with you!!!!  Hang in there and keep the faith!!!!

    Lord,

    We ask that this donor be a perfect match for John so he can get this over with and he and Krissy can go on as newlyweds like they should be doing instead of this disease taking up so much of their life.  We ask this in Jesus' name.  AMEN.

    Love and prayers,
    Susan
    http://journals.aol.com/rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wonderful news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. great news and i pray it all turns out right

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh what wonderful news! I will be praying for John. This is so exciting. Keep us informed!

    ReplyDelete
  39. dbaumgartner9/10/2005 10:05 AM

    Oh my God.  What fantastic news!   I pray for the final match to be perfect as well.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I pray that the final match is right! I also pray that the donor is still willing to donate.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!! Lisa

    http://journals.aol.com/lisita15/lisita/

    ReplyDelete
  42. love2sing20079/10/2005 12:58 PM

    Congratulations!  I am so pleased!  I'll be sure to keep praying, because happy moments like this are always God's doing.  -Kellen

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am happy for John, and hope that the future will be bright.
    mark

    ReplyDelete
  44. dreamingbrwneyes9/11/2005 6:02 PM

    This is great news!!!!! My prayers are still with you.

    ReplyDelete
  45. quartrlyfecrysis9/12/2005 8:09 AM

    That's wonderful news Krissy, I'm very happy for both of you.  I'll continue to keep you both in prayer.  Great news, I'm excited with you.

    xoxo~Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  46. I got my fingers and toes crossed for you. Wishing you luck!

    Carolyn
    http://journals.aol.com/shelt28/MyLife

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Now is your chance! So what do you want to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...