Sunday, September 5, 2004

I've been sick

Yuck.  I am up because the cat just threw up on the rug.  Multiple times.  And when I am awoken these days it is hard for me to get back to sleep.

Other then my entry last night, It has been a week since I have written in this journal.  I have been having a rough time.  First I went through a severe bout with asthma that lasted for days.  I couldn't even get on the computer some of those days.  Then I went through a lot with my bipolar.  My medicine was not adjusted properly and first I was depressed and then I was hypomanic.  Maybe even slightly manic.  My doctor finally adjusted my medicine correctly.  I have to be fine tuned every so often!  The medicine is absolutely necessary because of my brain chemicals.  The medicine just sets them right.  Not drugs me up, just makes my chemicals the same as every "normal" person.  I try to explain this to people sometimes because they don't understand and they ask me a lot of questions.  So I hope you don't mind the explanation.  Anyway, since my doc has changed my medications I am starting to feel a lot better.  When I was the other way I was having trouble concentrating, hence no journal entry.  

Wow, I wonder how those who are in FL are faring under Hurricane Frances.  I have friends and relatives there.  My sister Deirdre is there.  Matthew (Val's son) is there.  John's sister Darla is there. John's Dad and stepmother live there.  Wow, so many who live in FL.  And some have already lost so much from hurricane Charley.  Especially Matthew.  I wonder if the storm is over yet.  I think it is supposed to be still going on because it is slow moving.  All we can do now is wait.  And pray. 

Well, let me think if there is anything new since I wrote on here last.  Hmmm...  Chelsea arrived to live with her Mama Valerie.  I got to see them a few days later when my asthma had gotten better.  They came over to my apartment.  We had a great time.  Val played Bookworm (thanks a lot Stuart, lol) while Chelsea, John and I played a really fun Pictionary type game where we tried to guess what each other was drawing.  We had a blast.  Chelsea smeared us! 

Valerie says Chelsea loves to go out every day.  Sounds like she is quite the social butterfly, lol.  Love you Girlie!

Well, not too much else new I guess.  I hope everybody is doing well. 

Krissy

12 comments:

  1. Glad you are feelinga bit better now...............
    It's our dog who does the throwing up....seldom the cat.......

    http://journals.aol.co.uk/sdrogerson/SpecimenDays

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just gotta hate it when the cat throws up.  I had one throw up in my bed.  That's a real joy!

    I am glad that you are doing better.  I completely understand the need for meds to balance out the body's chemistry.  Hopefully this dosage will be just right for you for quite awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for explaining about the chemicals.  I am very interested in all of it.  I am glad the medicine works and you can concentrate.  Guess we'll all be glued to The Weather Channel today to see what happened overnight.  I'm going to do that after I journal.  Take care and have a good rest of the holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are feeling better Krissy, wondered why you had not been around much.  Stuart has a lot to answer for with Bookworm from what I can see lol.  I have been playing it for well over a year now.  Hope the cat is better. I hate having to clear up cat sick.  Have a much better week

    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/Family/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter is the sole owner of our cat. So everything that deals with the cat is her job, including cat puke!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that you are feeling better Krisst ((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))
    I will keep your family in Flordia in my thoughts and prayers <they will all be okay>
    Luv Michelle <Chelle>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krissy, I am glad your asthma is getting better.  My asthma (from mold) is at it worst late summer and through Fall.  Let's hope this isn't a terrible asthma season!  I will pray that your medicine works well.  That is a dandy one, trying to explain mental health medicine to people who don't understand.  Alot of people think they are mood or mind altering when most ARE NOT.  They just set your chemicals straight!!!  Great entry, Kris!!  I am sooooo proud of you!!  Love, Your TBADT xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your doc got the meds back in line. I've seen first hand the chaos those wayward brain chemicals can cause. :-) -B

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry you have been going through so much with illness. I do so hope you feel better. Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Asthma is horrible, I suffer from brittle asthma and it is so restricting at times. I hope you have good control over yours. Sorry to hear your medication was not working for the bipolar but I am so happy you have new medication that has improved things. Take care. I will think about and say prayers for you family and friends in Florida :).....Jules xxx
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you are feeling better.......and are fine tuned......asthma is a scary thing.....take good care of yourself.

    ~jerseygirl
    http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are feeling better.  Thanks for the sweet comments. :)  I've been in constant contact with a friend of mine in Port St. Lucie, FL.  So far there have been no deaths.  Hope this helps.  Try calling your friends down there.  Most of the regular phone services are still working.  Just no long distance ones.
    Always,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Now is your chance! So what do you want to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...