Friday, September 10, 2004

Of Doctor's Appointments

Today was just a day full of doctor's appointments.  First I went to my General Practioner and we discussed my asthma and my diabetes.  The conclusion of the conversation was that to get my diabetes under better control (or rather to prevent it from getting out of control), I need to lose five pounds.  I have been doing so excellently as far as my sugar levels go, but I have gained some weight as of late, so he wants me to lose five pounds by my next visit.  I should be able to manage five pounds or something is wrong with me.  He asked me why I had put on weight, and I told him because I have been eating too much!  Duh!

After this it was off to the lab to get blood tests.  I had a great phlebotomist.  I didn't even feel him withdraw my blood! 

I also went to my psychiatrist today.  She adjusted my medicine once again.  I am taking awhile to come down from the hypomania for some reason.  I just want to stay up all the time (I mean not go to sleep very often!).  I am hyperactive with lots of energy and I do lots of projects.  These are signs that I am still hypomanic.  I can't wait until the medicine makes me even again.  I just want to be normal.

Let's see, what's new?  Chelsea was sick for five days but is feeling better now.  She was finally diagnosed at the emergency room.  She was suffering from acid reflux.  I can't wait to spend more time with her now that she is feeling better.  Matt is doing ok and made it through Hurricane Frances ok.  Let us pray that Hurricane Ivan doesn't hit him this weekend.  Maybe I said that in an earlier entry, but we can never have too many prayers!

Nothing is too much new with me.  I have been playing around with my computer learning new things.  It has been so much fun for me.  I have also read a few photography books.  I don't know the technical side of photography yet.  The books were just on how to take a good picture.  Like what makes a good photograph.  I found what was said fascinating.  I learned some things that never occured to me, and read some things I already new, that were instinct to me.  Oh, I think photography is going to be fun!  I think one of the best things about a good picture is enjoying your subject!  Especially if people are involved.  Just a thought.  

Hope everybody has a good weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I am sure you are tired from all the appointments.   The five pounds will be easy if you set your mind to it!!!  Yeah, like I've lost 5 lbs. recently!  LOL!  
    --Have a good weekend, ok?
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the weight loss. I could do with losing a bit more than 5lb but find it difficult.
    I am so happy Chelsea is feeling better.
    I will pray the next hurricane misses Florida this time
    I fancy taking up photography too, I find it amazing, good luck and have a lovely weekend :).......Jules xx
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krissy, I will pray for you about the hypomania and concerning your losing the five pounds.  The latter shouldn't be too hard.  Can I possibly borrow your photography books sometime.  They shund fascinating!!  Love, me  P.S.  Did you see that Arielle left a comment in my journal today!!
    http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie!
    Are you drinking a lot of water? That will help a lot!
    As far as photography goes, you will love it! Good luck with your new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you check your BG's every day??
    I check mine several times a day...
    Do you know about slow release carbohydrates?
    Best kind of rice to eat etc ?
    I manage to perfecly control my BG's by a  lot of hard work and dedicated reading.............
    If any of the above is of help emai me and I can talk you  through it all

    Love
    Stuart
    x x
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/sdrogerson/SpecimenDays

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Now is your chance! So what do you want to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...