Sunday, September 12, 2004

Slumbering John

Today, or shall I say yesterday because it is after midnight, was a fun day.  It was also solemn because it was Sept 11th, but it was fun, because I decided to celebrate it in a light hearted way, feeling that I was glad to be alive, and counting my blessings for the things I have (such as family and John), and for being able to live in such a great country.

John and I spent the day at Val's place.  We had such a good time.  Well I did anyway.  John slept through everything.  He fell asleep on the couch and slept for hours!  While Val and I did things on the computer, John slumbered away.  While we were in Val's office on the computer we heard marching band music and for hours saw a trail of people coming by the window!  We didn't find out until later they were having a 9/11 parade.  I shouldn't call it a parade.  A 9/11 solemn commemoration procession.  After spending time on the computer with Val I spent time with Chelsea.  It was nice because I haven't seen her in a long time because she has been so sick.  She is feeling so much better, by the way.  Then we ordered carry out and we walked to pick it up.  When I came back I woke up and asked John to join us.  He was shocked to hear how many hours he had slept.  After eating a really good meal we said our goodbyes and went home.

John and I finally heard from his side of the family in Florida.  His Dad and StepMom Mary Ann came through the hurricane fine.  They even hosted another family in their home because it is a sound structural brick house.  The only thing that happened to them is that they lost power for a day and a half. 

John's sister Darla and her fiance Harry had mandatory evacuations and went to Harry's son's house which was a strong structural home somewhat out of the path of the hurricane.  Upon returning, they were very fortunate to find that there was no damage except to Darla's bird house.  I would take that!  They returned to find there was no electric and no water, so they had to turn right around and go back to Harry's son's house because they needed these things.  

Darla and Harry got married today (Saturday I mean) at 2 PM.  John's Mom told me she decided to wear a pinkdress!  

I hope that they don't decide to honeymoon in Florida as Ivan is expected to come in the next week.  I don't know how much of the state it is supposed to hit, but I do believe Matthew (Val's son) has school off on Monday in anticipation of the hurricane.  Drat.

Well I guess that is all for now.  Take care.       

 

14 comments:

  1. Hi Krissie, thankyou so much for dropping by and leaving such nice comments in my journal.  I've had a read of yours too now, it's lovely to meet new friends.  You will love your digital camera, I've had mine for a few months now and don't know how I ever managed without a camera for so long!  And I know what you mean about those brain chemicals, been there hon!  How old are your cousins?  I'd be interested to hear how they cope in the world.
    Sara   x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you all had a nice day yesterday. We decided not to sit around a mope either. We took my son to the next town over...they were having a "patriot's day" celebration with a little carnival, rides, flea market and fireworks. Tyler had fun. That's what's important. :-) -B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great day.   And John must have needed the zzzzzzzzzzzz's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a pretty fun night just hanging out with Val...That's so good to hear :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, Val has got to be your sister!  Am I right?
    Sara   x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Krissy, nice that you thought I'd baked little man's magic biscuits, I thought about just letting you carry on thinking that!  Like the thought of me baking biscuits!  However, must admit to buying them from local shop!  If I didn't tell you, would think that our entire friendship had been built on a lie!!!!!  LOL!  Have a nice day hon.
    Sara   x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a great weekend! Glad your family did ok in the hurricane. God bless, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your family avoids harm from Ivan.  Enough is enough.  Florida needs a break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Krissy,
    I saw you on the faces of j-land entry.  I must say, i was intrigued by your 20 pound cat.  Wow!

    Stop by and say hi sometime  ((0.~))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm happy everyone was safe from the hurricane and we hope and pray the next one goes away or becomes a tropical storm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear your family is doing well. What a nice idea on how to remember Sept 11

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad the family did okay....let's hope Ivan stays away....
    ~jerseygirl
    http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like youand Val had a lovely day :)
    I am glad your family got throught the hurricane and hope Ivan is gentle on them........Jules xxx
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Krissy, this was a fun day!  Thanks so much for all the expert help you lent me!  I am hoping that Ivan stays out of the way.  It looks like it will hit the panhandle.  Where is John's family in FL?  Love you!!  Krisserie a.k.a. Valissy

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Now is your chance! So what do you want to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...