Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Update - Visit to Hershey

It's one something in the morning.  John and I woke up at one to get ready for the day, LOL.  The alarm clock said six.  He set it wrong.  I awoke in the middle of the night, and awoke John and we came out to the living room here at Hope Lodge.  John started the coffee, then finished a cup.  I took my diabetes medicine so I could eat breakfast.  Then John asked, "Krissy, what time is it?"  I looked at the time on the computer.  Strange, it said one thirty.  Then I looked at my cell phone.  One thirty.  He looked at his watch again and the wall clock.  One thirty.  Then I said, "It looks like the electricity went out."  This is funny to me now.  How could the electrity go out on a cell phone and watch, LOL.  At any rate, it finally dawned on me that John had set the bedroom clock wrong and that we had gotten up at one in the morning instead of six, LOL.  And we had been talking kind of loud for about a half an hour also, LOL.  Well, we are up now, we may be too awake to go back to bed.

Looks like it is going to be one of those days, LOL.  

It has been an interesting stay here at Hershey so far.  On Monday Dr. Claxton told John he would have to have the spleenectomy.  Not exactly immediately, but he wants him to meet with the surgeon soon, so that the surgeon can become familiar with him.  But then Dr. Claxton decided it could wait a little longer because he wants to see John in four weeks first.  He wants John to go to four more weeks of chemo (at least) to see what happens to the Hemolytic Anemia.  I am concerned about his brain now, and short term memory loss, having over 50 treatments of chemo.

Anyway, Dr. Claxton also said he was going to do a bone marrow biopsy on John (major major ouchie) to check out his bone marrow.  I understood him to say that he was doing this to check to see if his cancer(s) had come back, John took it as something else.  So yesterday we called Mitzi, John's nurse coordinator, and she said that it is a possibility, but she was not sure how likely, and that she would ask Dr. Claxton, and call John immediately on his cell.  I hate the waiting.  I read on the net that two causes for Hemolytic Anemia are Lymphoma and Leukemia.  John of course has had Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma and bone marrow cancer that was about to turn into Leukemia.  So I am a little nervous.  And NO, I am not jumping to conclusions, but am not too happy.  I won't be rested until after they get the bone marrow biopsy done and Dr. Claxton reads the results.

Yesterday John had an appointment with the opthomologist.  He has Graft Vs. Host Disease that affects his eyes.  But it is getting a lot better.  After we went to the opthomologist, it was off to the lab, because we got a message that Mitzi wanted John to get a test.  We of course were wondering what was going on the whole time.  When we got to the lab we found out what the test was.  And then John called Mitzi for something, and she told John that the test was to check for antigens in John's blood.  Antigens are sometimes in blood that the transfused person can pick up from a donor who gives blood to be used for a blood transfusion.  Mitzi told John that the Hemolytic Anemia could be caused by an antigen.  So they are NOT just looking at cancer as a cause for John's Hemolytic Anemia.  That is so good to know.

Well, that is about all on John, except to say he is getting transfused today.  His hemoglobin has dropped pretty low, and he is pale, and lightheaded when he stands up.  But at the transfusion he will be fine.  He always is.  Until he drops again before transfusion time.  

Okay, well that is about it.  I'm doing okay.  Krissy :)  

28 comments:

  1. I've done the same thing... Set the clock instead of the alarm.  Or set the alarm for PM instead of AM.  We all do those things.  Hope you get good news from all John's tests.  How long do you think you'll be at Hershey?
    Take care. Sending warm hugs (and prayers), Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope today goes ok for you.  Maybe you can lay back down for awhile.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when you get up that much earlier than you need to and start your day.  It messes up your internal clock real bad.  Hope it gets better as the day goes on.

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krissy,
    I've done that too.  One time I drove all the way to work.  Didn't realize it at all.  It was always dark when I went to work.  Good to know I am not the only one who did that.

    I've been waiting for this entry.  I am so happy that they are looking at antigens as the possible cause.  

    I can't wait for the day that you write that John is doing fine.  No more chemo.  No more Hemolytic Anemia.  No more visits to Hershey.  Why is the doc waiting for the spleenectomy?  I don't understand that.

    Still holding you guys up in prayer.  Hugs, Lu

    ReplyDelete
  5. So it will be a long day for the both of you...hope you can get a nap inbetween. Prayrs and love,  'On Ya' - ma

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how worrying it is waiting for tests Krissy, I pray all John's will come back good and the cancer doesn't come back. Just know we're all praying for you both. I'd hate to accidently get up at that time of day! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

    ReplyDelete
  7. ::giggle:: sorry 'bout the early rise.... I think we've all done that.  You know you are in my thoughts... sending additional strength to John.
    hugs
    d

    ReplyDelete
  8. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))))))Thats a bummer you had to get o[,when it wasnt your time,that happend to me beforre.lol.You and John are both iny me prayers.always.Hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like the cancer is probably not the main reason they're doing this.  Too bad about the major ouchies....his on the outside and your on the inside.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL  I'm reading your tags.  I do funny tags like you do, too.  So you are having a productive visit, if nothing else, Krissy.  I am glad you are calling me.  Call me today or tonight if you need to, too.  You guys are in my prayers.  So many questions, yes.  I LOVE YOU!!! xox
    http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

    ReplyDelete
  11. Krissy, It must be hard to have to have all those tests.  It seems like it is unending with a health problem.  You must have good coping skills, both of you.  I always remember you both in my prayers, and am holding good thoughts for you guys.  Merry

    ReplyDelete
  12. How frustrating to have an alarm set to the wrong time.  It's bad enough to have to get up to an alarm.  I did loose power her last week and I have a table lamp in the living room on a timer.  I'm having a horrible time getting that time set right so the light goes off and on at the right time.  Both of you are in my thoughts and prayers...Linda in Washington state  

    ReplyDelete
  13. The waiting must be so rough for you, hon. I am so glad you have all of us praying for the two of you. Prayer, above all things, is the best thing. Sorry you got up so early. If you're like me, you' probably wound up staying up.
    Big hugs,
    Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

    ReplyDelete
  14. That can be confusing at the best of times, finding you've set the clock wrong. Good luck to John on the bone-marrow biopsy and further rounds of chemo. I hope it's all for the same good, Krissy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Prayers and hugs to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Prayers coming... hope the news is good!

    be well,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  17. you should now have stock in Hershey

    ReplyDelete
  18. My thoughts and prayers are with you both Krissy.

    Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. You both are in my thoughts and prayers always....keep your strength up Krissy not only for you, but for your honey......Arlene (AJ)

    ReplyDelete
  20. How funny you got up and started your day before realizing you were up too early!  Better than to set it wrong and get up LATE, I suppose.  John has been through so much.  I cannot wait until he can stop all the treatments and just recover.  I am sure you both are looking forward to the same thing.  Hope all the tests come back okay...Jae

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi hon, returning your visit. Wow, you guys have alot on your plate. I believe you have a special kind of strength to keep going. I will keep you both in my prayers on the smoke!! (hugs) And yeah I'll be back (winks). Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  22.  So sorry you got such an early start.  I couldn't help but giggle, sorry.  Hope they can figure out why he is still having the anemia.  Take care you too.

                    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  23. ouch, 1am!!!  tooo early!  you  poor thing!!!!!  and John too!!!  hugs and prayers as always!!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't believe you both got up at one! Oh my gosh! lol!  You both are in my thoughts and prayers!  Love, Shelly

    ReplyDelete

  25. Oh Krissy, one o'clock in the morning.  Way to early!!! Don't mean to LOL.  
    My prayers are with you as always.  You and John are in my thoughts and after all that you have been through things just have to get better.  
    Love and Hugs to you both.............Love MYKE

    ReplyDelete
  26. You two are not the only ones to mis-read clocks:)  I am glad that there are other potential options out there as to what may be going on / causing things.   Hugs to you both -- and prayers.  -- Robin

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm praying for John and hope that he starts to feel better. You two have been through so much.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I got a quartz inexpensive alarm clock at Wal-Mart I think many years ago that does not hardly ever need a new AA battery and works great.     I used to always overwind my alarm clocks as I don't trust electric.    All John can do is keep following the doctor's orders and I will keep him and you in my prayers .     mark

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Now is your chance! So what do you want to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...