Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope you and yours are having a great one.  

I know I am.  I have already started to cook.  John has come over to help already.  My sister Valerie will be over later to eat with us.  It will just be the three of us this year but sometimes a small intimate group is nice!  

John and I will be cooking chicken this year.  That is right, chicken!  I thought it would be easier, and I want to take it easy this year.  Chicken, chicken stuffing, and chicken gravy.  Not that I don't have a turkey.  I have three!

I was given two turkeys because I am, well, poor.  You can call it low income, but I call it poor.  And then the third I got because I earned enough points shopping at Giant.  So they said to go pick out a turkey at the back of the store.  John and I went back there.  We had a choice of two brands.  I remember doing this last year and the birds were like 12 lbs. each.  This year I went to pick one out and all of the turkeys were giant!  All of them!  John looked around and pointed to one.  "How about this one", he asked?  I looked at it in shock.  "What, are you trying to get the largest one?"  "No," he said, "this is the smallest one here."  I looked at it.  It was 18.01 pounds! 

So now I will have a lot of turkey for the winter.  That is good because it stays frozen for six months and then after you cook it you can refreeze it for another three months.  This will save on my food bill this year. 

Well, I better get off here.  I need to get back to my cooking.  And I haven't eaten breakfast yet.  John came over this morning just to cook me breakfast and to help with the cooking!  He is such a sweetheart!  He is making bacon and eggs!  

Everybody have a fantastic Thanksgiving.  Love you all.     

16 comments:

  1. Hope you have a good day.
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/sdrogerson/SpecimenDays/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Krissy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely day   Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I hope you all have an awesome Thanksgiving ---even if it's chicken instead of Turkey.  We ended up with two Turkey's in our freezer for later too.  We are off to KY--matter of fact I am going to hurry b/c I have spent too much time visiting in J land!  Will love to hear how the day went.  John is wonderful to cook breakfast.  I asked for bacon and eggs (knowing we only had eggs) - but it was fun to wish!
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sky is falling, the sky is falling.  I mean, "Turkeys are falling from the sky!"  So, I will be there with bells on!"  Love you, my lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. have a lovely day..........Jules xxxx
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving Krissy :o)
    Have a lovely day, and enjoy your chicken - sounds yummy!!
    Sara   x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving Krissy
    Enjoy your chicken I wish that I was with you ::gags at turkey::
    Luv Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great Thansgiving Krissy!
    It's just a normal day here in the UK. Shame, I could do with a celebration to cheer me up today!
    Have fun!
    Becci. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving you guys!

    We dont have thanksgiving here....but it makes christmas more special I guess....and we get Guy Fawkes night and you dont so I guess it all works out fair in the end! :)

    enjoy your chicken and all those turkeys! woo hoo! My youngest sister would love that...she likes to slap the christmas turkey before its cooked cos it makes a nice sound! lol!!! (she is mental)

    love Amy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you have a great day .....Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Krissy - You are rich beyon measure in the things that are important !  Blessings to you all this Thanksgiving Day !  ' On Ya '  - ma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HEY GIRFRIEND ARE ARE VERY RICH I THINK...U HAVE YOUR LIFE ..HOPE AND FRIENDS...U ARE A VERY SPECIAL PERSON TO ME ..AND WANNA TELL U THAT CAUSE WHEN EVER I NEED HELP U COME THRU ...MONEY ISNT NUTTIN IF U DONT HAVE FRIENDS TO CALL UR OWN

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you had a great Turkey Day!!!!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did my photo scavenger thingy!
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/beccihouse22285/TheAdventuresofBecciHouse/entries/1378
    Love Becci. xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Now is your chance! So what do you want to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...