Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Odds and Ends

Just heard on the news that the longtime Palestinian leader, Yasser Arafat, died tonight at age 75.  Arafat never appointed a successor, and some have feared for the past few weeks that a struggle would ensue for leadership of Palestine, but fortunately the Palestinian government has decided to follow their law and appoint the speaker of the Parliament to govern for sixty days in interim.  After sixty days, elections are to occur, and whomever wins is to assume leadership.  

So, closer to the homefront - what is new?  Nothing much.  I am still having a pretty hard time in my life right now.  The situation I was hoping would work out has only gotten worse.  I guess I just need to be patient because there is nothing I can do about it.  I need to just be patient and leave it up to God.  There is something I can do something about though, and that is my thinking.  I need to think more positively.  Gee, that is hard sometimes! 

Well, I guess winter is finally here.  I put the heat on for the first time last night!  Yes, the landlord has finally turned the heat on!  Thank God for that.  The night before last it snow flurried.  Maybe I am a little down because I am just not used to the cold weather yet.  I better get used to it because it is here.  It makes me want to hole up in my house and not go outside! 

Well, this entry looks rather boring now that I am done with it, lol.  I just wanted to say one more thing.  Hello to Penny, my new J-land friend who I got to talk to on the IM.  It has been really nice chatting with you and let's do it lots more! 

14 comments:

  1. Shivering right along with you. I can't believe how fast the weather turned. Wasn't it just warm, like, yesterday? I had to dig around for a coat today. Bleh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's just hope that winter goes fast! I have had to have our heat on too. But what is weird is one day we have the AC on, the next the furnace. Weird weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're never boring. I'm one of those people who likes the cold for the very reason you said. I love being in the house. I feel as if I have permission when it's cold or very rainy out. : )

    Angela
    PS. My heat is on too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love winter, because I can hole up in my house, with the heating on, and feel all cosy!!  At least we can get warm, sometimes in summer it's impossible - with most of us over here not having air conditioning - to get cool.  You're never boring!  I like hearing everyone's little details.  
    I hope things start to improve for you soon Krissy, am thinking of you.
    Sara   x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just get all cosy and the winter will so be over...I often wish I could just hibernate!!

    Dont worry about the thing you are worrying about....I'm terrible for worrying but if there isnt anything I can do about something then I try not to think about it....and worry about things I can fix!

    Lots of Love Amy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wel we can only hope for peace in the middle east.  Whoever takes over has a tough job.
    Yes, I find positive thinking hard as well. Can do it on a good day but cannot hold onto it on a bad day.
    Glad you have your heating on.  Seems only a couple of days since summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love reading your journal........ It's scary wondering what will happen in the Middle East now.  But with anything we have to leave it up to God.  I will be praying for your situation to get better.  LuAnne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Instability in the Middle East has to end soon, at least that`s what we hope the new President will strive for. Getting cold here too....Brrrr..Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate winter, and am not excited for it to snow. I live in Utah, and "we have the greatest snow on Earth!" I don't care how great it is, I still don't like it. Good luck with everything in your life. I will cross my fingers and pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh come on! You think we would find you boring!  We enjoy the everyday life stuff.  I guess we will all be watching the news to see what is going to happen next in Palestin.

    Monica
    http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/SmilinMonsAdventures/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are right about changing your way of thinking when it comes to sitatuations that are beyond your control, God will handle it ... besides, sometimes .. the best thing to do is nothing...  take this time to admire a sunrise/set ... look at the stars at night, and marvel in the simple beauty of things we wake for granted each day... before you know it, your situations will have seemed to have resolved themselves.  God surely works wonders mysteriously.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you finally got the heat on !  I've had mine on for 3 weeks now, but so far no snow here in my part of Ohio.  Keep only the good thoughts flowin' .  " On Ya'  - ma

    ReplyDelete
  13. The best thing about winter for me is that I can hole myself up.  I get tired of it by the end of winter, though.  Thank goodness "The Sarge" turned on the heat.  I do hope that your thinking behaves soon.  I will call you soon, honey.  You are in my prayers continually.  I will call you tonight, honey.  Know that I LOVE reading your entries, love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thought I'd get in there early with the scavenger hunt pics this week, they're in already!  Hope you're doing well Krissy, am thinking of you :o)
    Sara   x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Now is your chance! So what do you want to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...