Wednesday, December 6, 2006

A Christmas Survey

I found this Christmas survey in Val's journal who got it from Monica.  It looked like a lot of fun, so I thought I would do it.  Maybe you'll learn a little more about me after reading it.  If you want to play along, you can copy and paste the questions below into your journal, and leave your link in Val's comments section so she can see your answers!

  

     

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?  Definitely wrapping paper, especially bright foil wrapping paper!  With shiny bows!  Or interesting designs, both traditional and funny   

2. Real tree or artificial?   Artificial!  They are easier to clean up after, and very low maintenance.  They don't catch on fire, or drop little needles!  And I have always had one, even the silver one when I was a kid! 

3. When do you put up the tree?  Right now I can't put one up because my cat Michael would climb it, eat it, bat the bulbs around, or eat the bulbs, LOL 

4. When do you take the tree down?  N/A

5. Do you like eggnog?  Yes.  Not the alcoholic kind, though.  But I do worry about ingesting raw eggs.  They are raw in there, aren't they?
 
6. Favorite gift received as a child?  I would have to say my dog named Rolf.  He was a Sesame Street character.  You could stick your hand in him and make him talk. 

7. Do you have a nativity scene?  I wish I did but I don't.  Michael our cat would get that too.

8. Hardest person to buy for?  Any man in my life (except John).  Men are foreign creatures to me and I just don't know what they want.  I have been told that they don't want Soap-On-A-Rope for Christmas, nor a Chia Pet, nor another tie that sings Jingle Bells!  What to get my Dad then?  I have no idea.      

9.  Easiest person to buy for?  John because he tells me what he wants, and I can always give everybody else gift certificates.  Now you may think that is tacky, but, people can really get something they WANT, and they won't have to regift.  I love getting gift certificates!

10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?  Oh gee, snail mail.   

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?  It doesn't matter anyway, because I like to give more than receive.     
 
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?  "It's A Wonderful Life".  Plus I love all those little Christmas specials like "A Charlie Brown Christmas", "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town", "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer", "How The Grinch Stole Christmas", and the like.  

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?  This year I started in November. 
 
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?  Nope.   

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?  nuts, cookies, chocolate, chicken (not turkey) dinner with trimmings, tangerines,   

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?  I like all one color the best, maybe blue
 
17. Favorite Christmas song(s)?  "Silent Night", and maybe "Joy To The World", and lots of other ones!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?  definitely stay at home, with John and my kitty, then let relatives visit a few days later here!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?  Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen, and  of course the most famous reindeer of all - Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer
 

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?  gotta have a star!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?  Always Christmas morning.  If you are THAT impatient, you can open one on Christmas Eve! 

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?  Rude people at sales.  They push you out of the way to get the best items.  They also cut in front of you to get your parking space.  They are just generally inconsiderate and out for themselves.  Now don't get me wrong, most people this time of year are VERY generous, and go out of their way to help others.  It is just a few people. 

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?  All themes and colors.  But if I were going to do a whole tree in one color I would pick blue and white, or I would pick red.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?  Didn't we already have this question?

25. Do you have Jesus in your heart this Christmas?  Yes!

Merry Christmas!  Krissy :)

  

 

9 comments:

  1. This was fun to read!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed all your answers.    My favorite Christmas's are remembering the Christmas pasts when I was a kid.     I find the choirs singing on TV on Christmas Eve to be something that represents Christmas.    I watched the Christmas Eve special at St. John's in Rome once and it was amazing seeing the inside of the church.    I could tell that the people were giving thanks and that it was a sacred service.      mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey i enjoyed filling it in so much i have copied and pasted it and will forward to my friends... Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved all your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are very much alike.  Krissy, I remember that silver tree.  It was so cool!  I loved our trees when we were little.  I loved looking at each ornament.  EVERY ornament was special to me!  Ah, memories.  Thanks for doing this =)!!  Love ya!!  Val xox
    http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

    ReplyDelete
  6. great answers.  we have alot in common!
    hugs
    noelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved taking this little quiz, I love to see what everyone answers. Have a great Christmas!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good! : )  Have a great weekend Krissy!   Hugs and GBU, Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finally did it. Here is the link
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Now is your chance! So what do you want to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...