I wanted to share this recipe. I got it from Monponsett about a week ago. I made it with supper the other night and it's incredible. John loved it. Then I made it again (doubling the recipe) and took it to a Thanksgiving party. It was a hit, and the only cranberry sauce that was gone by the time the party was over!
Here's the recipe:
1/2 cup orange marmalade
2 tablespoons grated orange rind
1 cup fresh orange juice (about 2 oranges)
1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar (to taste)
1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries (I use Ocean Spray)
1. Combine marmalade and orange rind and set aside.
2. Combine juice and sugar in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
3. Wash cranberries in a colander. Add cranberries to juice and sugar mixture; return to a boil.
4. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes or until cranberries pop and sauce begins to thicken.
5. Remove from heat; stir in marmalade mixture.
6. Cover and chill.
What I did: I left out the orange rind (don't hit me Monponset, LOL). I also added ground cloves. I can't tell you how much, I just sprinkled some in there. I think the original recipe called for it anyway. Just be careful, if you are going to use ground cloves in it go lightly, it is strong! You don't want to overpower the orange cranberry sauce!