Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I'm going to Florida for vacation!

Gosh I am excited!  I'm going to Florida!  Probably in the next couple of months.  John's Dad and Stepmom called and asked if we wanted to come down for a week or two.  

I'm hoping John can clear it with all his doctors.  And I hope I'll be able to clear it with mine.

Since John got his first cancer almost 10 years ago, we haven't had a vacation.  Except our honeymoon which was about three days long, and was local.  The honeymoon was absolutely wonderful, fabulous.  But I am ready to go to Florida too!  

We haven't been able to get away because John had two cancers, oh so many chemo treatments, a bone marrow transplant, so many complications and years of hospitalizations, constant transfusions, and constant labwork.  He was just unable to get away.  This is our chance to finally do it!

I haven't seen the beach in years.  John's parents live near Orlando.  Near the beach.  I want to spend some time just touching the sand, LOL!  And walking in the ocean.  And listening to the ocean as it laps against the shoreline!  How glorious.  Oh, and I want to see some palm trees!  I have only seen palm trees, to my remembrance, once in my life.  They were beautiful, a quite curious thing!   

Gosh, just to do something different.  Anything different after ten crazy, serious years.  Not that I don't appreciate the growing experience of those ten useful years, but it is time for a vacay!  Something different!

Of course there is DisneyWorld.  Where we really want to go is Epcot Center.  That is, of course, the more scientific Disney park.  I don't want to go on traditional amusement rides.  I hate them!  They scare me!  But I want to go to Epcot Center.  We both have different ideas on which exhibit we want to see, though, at Epcot Center.

I'll tell you more about that later.  He wants to live on the wild side and I want to go tame.  I want to go to the aquarium, LOL.  Maybe the men will have to go to one area and John's Stepmom MaryAnn and I will go to the aquarium.

Then again, maybe not.  We'll see.

I just can't wait for the whole vacation!

Love you all,

Krissy :) 

31 comments:

  1. Oh that would be so wonderful!  I will keep you and John in my prayers and positive thoughts.  I'd think something like this would be just what the soul needs.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two sure deserve a vacation.     Give you something to look forward to.     Dawn            

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krissy, You deserve it. I hope you can go!  My folks lived between Orlando and Tampa.  We've been to all attractions over several trips.  Krissy, DO NOT miss Disney World!  I was 40 when we went & I became 8 again!!   Epcot wasn't that hot.  But do go to Sea World there.  It's our favorite place of all.  i'll be praying you do get to go very hard!  Oh yes, the beach is awesome too! We went to Daytona Beach on one trip. I love you. Merry

    ReplyDelete
  4. By all means, go, if you can. It will be a lot of fun and a deserved break from the monotony in life. Go for it.

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krissy, I'm so excited for the two of you!!! if you can get away for 2 weeks, I'd say take the 2 weeks!! that sounds like tons of fun!! will pray you guys get the "okay" from the doctors

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope it all works out have fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl,m you're going to Disney World!  I used to work there in Ticketing and Reservations.  You'll be able to do EPCOT in it's entirely in one day.  During April and May they have the Flower and Topiary Show at EPCOT.  It's wonderful!  Flowers every where.  There aren't any thrill rides at EPCOT.  Even at Disney World the only ones you wouldn't like are Space Mountian and Big Thunder Mt.  At MGM Studioes and Animal Kingdom the rides are tame also.  You'll be amazed at the technicality of the whole place.
    You know working at as many places as I have, there is always something, something about each job that's not so good.  Disney World...Not a word.  And the the attitude of the workers shines thru to make your experience the best!
    hugz, Bethe    

    ReplyDelete
  8. ((((((((((((((KRISSY))))))))))))))))))))))That is swsome.I am happy for you both.I will be going on a Disney Cruise to Fl in sept with my Mom,Sister and her family.I cant wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh if you go to Disney you have to go on spaceship earth...it's the ride inside the big epcot ball and it's awesome! I don't like rides either but this one is REALLY slow and my baby fell asleep in it. It's a great learning experience and it takes you back to cave man days up to recent years.  Fantastic lights and not scary at all.  SO happy for you guys!!  

    ReplyDelete
  10. you two deserve a vacation. yeah for you. Hopefully John will get approval from the doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting!!!
    That will be a great vacation!!
    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope all goes well and you and John can have a really good vacation. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting for you Krissy.  I know that you will love it.  I would adore to be able to walk on the beach again and paddle in the sea.  Our last holiday was in 1989.  Because of my difficulty in going out we have not had one since but I replay all the memories of the wonderful times we used to have in my mind.  We shall look forward to you telling us all about it.

    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so excited for you!! Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to see a little bit of everything in Epcot in a day! Be sure to let me know if you make it over to the southwest side of the state while you're here! Martha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is something to look forward to for sure!  It will be good for you both to be able to relax and enjoy a vacation.  'On Ya' - ma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!  I hope you can clear it too!  That sounds like just the break and relaxation you guys deserve!  

    ~Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh gleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee =)!!  I told Chels you may be coming down.  She wants to know when.  I have her new phone number.  Remind me to give it to you if you don't have it.  Maybe you guys can hook up??  LOVE YOU!!! xox
    http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man!  Got room for one more? LOL
    Missie

    ReplyDelete
  20. that is exciting, when might that be???? and hopefully you will be able to visit with me while you are in town. :) congrats dear

    ReplyDelete
  21. How lovely. Florida sounds amazing. I have never been but would love to go, so you will have to tell us all about It! Love Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you get to go. You both deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh how wonderful getting to go to Florida, you and John could use a get-away. Just keep both of yourselves doing well so your Doctors will say go and have fun. When you get there enjoy the beach and Epcot....look what you both have to look forward too, Happy Blessed Easter to you both.   Arlene (AJ)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow :o)  You lucky devils.........hope you manage to go.  Have fun in Disney world for me xx

    Jenny

    http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats, Krissy, I hope you'll have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

  26. Krissy, this sounds so exciting.......And nobody deserves a vacation like you and John do.......After 10 years I do believe you have earned it.

    love and hugs  Myke

    ReplyDelete
  27. Try and go when it's not so hot and crowded....and have FUN!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  28. Whoo hoo, lucky you two!  LOL...I'm sure you will come to a compromise as to what to see at Epcot.  Dangle your toes in the ocean for me.  You both deserve a wonderful "vacay!"  Love ya, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  29. May the sand feel soft and warm under your feet ! You and John both deserve it.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm so excited for you!  I can't wait to hear finalized details!!!
    <3 Kellen

    ReplyDelete
  31. the vacation plan sounds fabulous!
    Whatever you & John, decide to do in Florida, have fun..that's the purpose of the vacation---enjoy it as long as you can, and hold on to the memories you'll be making while there.

    Hugs,
    Gem :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Now is your chance! So what do you want to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...