Thursday, March 27, 2008

a meme: Questions!

Questions!

This meme originated with Dawn...

Your best friend tells you she is pregnant.  What do you do? 

My best friend is single, and she may feel pressured not to carry the child to term, so I would encourage her to have the baby, and help lead her to resources.    

When is the last time you wanted to punch someone in their face?

Gee, I don't ever feel like punching anybody in the face!  I do get angry and frustrated at times.  But I try to work things through in my mind to dissipate the anger, or talk things out with a trusted friend or sister to do so.  

What is the last thing you spent money on?

supper out last night with girlfriends (a turkey dinner and diet coke)

Do you think you gained or lost weight this past month?

definitely lost!

Crunchy or Puffy Cheetos?  

puffy cheetos, if I were still eating junk 

Congratulations! You just had a son. What's his name? 

Christian James

John and I have definitely decided that is what we would name our son, even though we can't have children because of John's rounds of chemo and his stem cell transplant.  And if it was a girl, she would be

Anna Kristine  or   Anna Kathleen

What are you craving right now?

Mexican food with keylime pie for dessert!

What was the last thing you cried about?

When one of my friends died of cancer recently.

When you buy something and your change is 2 cents, do you keep it or tell the cashier to keep it?

Keep it and put it in my coin jar for a rainy day. 

What color is your tissue box?

blue 

Do you have a ceiling fan in your room, and if so, is there dust on that fan?

Yes, I have a fan, ceiling fan, no it is not dusty, yes I HATE ceiling fans.  they are UGLY and blow papers around the room, and make you too cold!  Why do I have it?  It came with the place!

Scariest thing you've experienced in the last year?

one of my good friend's driving, LOL

Have you ever had a garage sale?

Absolutely not.  I feel they are a waste of time.  The time you put into them is not worth how much you make.  LIke you spend 72 hours putting tags on clothing items that will sell for 25 cents a piece, and toys that will go for 5 to 50 cents.  You don't make any money if you consider your labor, and what you would have been paid for it per hour, LOL.  Then maybe you might sell a table for $25 if you are lucky.  Then you might find the same table on ebay, finding out it is an antique worth $500. Why are you selling your treasures?  Save the antiques, give the other stuff away!  

What color is your iPod?

don't have one.  does everybody?  

What is the last alcoholic beverage you had?

Don't remember.  Haven't drank in a long time.  Don't drink anymore.

Are you happy right now?  

Extremely!  Very much so!

Who came over last? 

My sister Valerie and her boyfriend John

Do you drink beer?

DISGUSTING.  The taste.  And I don't drink.  So I guess that means no.

Have your brothers or sisters ever told you that you were adopted? 

No.

What is your favorite key on your key chain?

My house key.  It, well, gets me in my house. 

What was the last movie you watched at home?

Eight Below.  Watch it!  It's based on a true story about a team of huskies and malamutes who were left in Antarctica as a storm approached, because the team who was working with them had to get out.  Watch this movie and find out whether or not the sled dogs were rescued! 

What is in your pocket?

Nothing, but a little while ago there were two quarters, and a nickel.  I put them in my coin jar  

Where do you hurt?

My left shoulder is killing me.  Because of the tear in the muscle above my rotator cuff.  I went to Occupational Therapy today so it hurts more than usual tonight.  Even when I don't move it. 

Has someone ever made you a Build-A-Bear? 

No.  And I am glad.  I saw a consumer report type show on the Build-A-Bear company.  A lot of the folks were saying that by the time they got home with the bears, they were already falling apart.  The stuffing was coming out or the clothing was ripping.  The bears were NOT made for the average child to own.  Perhaps not even for the average adult to have, they were so poorly made.  I wasn't impressed after I heard this. 

What's something fun you did today?

Talked to a friend

What is your favorite aisle at Wal-Mart?

I have two favorites:  The clothes & electronics.  In the electronics section, I love the DVD movies.  I also love the digital cameras (even though I can't afford one right now), and the TVs (I can't afford one right now either, but I need a new one, mine has gone black almost).     

When is your birthday? March 13

Is there anything hanging from your rear view mirror? 

sometimes a Rosary

What kind of milk do you drink?  2%

What is something you need to go shopping for? 

clothes, veggies, whole chicken, seafood (John wants the whole chicken, I guess he wants roasted chicken)

Okay, that's it, Krissy  :)

16 comments:

  1. I don't know about the rest of the world...but I don't have an I-pod either....my daughter does though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my kid got me an iPod for Christmas, its one of those nanos; I like using it; easier to carry than a big CD player, LOL!!

    I love reading these memes!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers....Linda in Washington state

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your answers.  The names you have picked out are beautiful....
    my ceiling fans are dusty dusty dusty.... we could have a cleaning party LOL.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter has a build a bear and it has lived in her crib for the past year and it's still intact.  It's not made badly at all actually.  She's almost two so she's not the most gentle with it either.  ;)  

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was fun to read about you Krissy. I always like to learn a little more.
    Hugs..Pam xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a good weekend.
    Missie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting.  I don't think I really learned anything new from this about you.  Should I do this??  Maybe this weekend.  Love, Val xox.
    http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

    ReplyDelete
  9. Krissy~I hope your shoulder feels better by now. I really enjoyed your answer re. garage sales! To me it makes so much sense what a frustrating waste of time they most often are! Going to others can be a fun occasionally , though. Deb ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Intersting read all your thoughts and answers on the questins Krissy, gives me more insite into the interesting and wonderful lady you are dear.  Have a wonderful weekend.
    Arlene (AJ)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great answers!  Thanks for playing!!!  Sorry about your shoulder!  Ouch!  Have a great weekend!

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for sending me the 3 year anniversary badge! I saw Eight Below and I cried!!! Such a great movie!!

    Tawnya

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed reading your meme Krissy.    I can't imagine leaving pets behind and now there is a law that requires communities to evacuate pets during floods.    If one commununity in the state does not comply the entire state does not receive funding specific to the law.   I heard this on the local news.    Is 2% milk really better?   On TV a report said that sugar was substituted for the fat taken out of whole milk.   Whole milk is a source of vitamin D also.    I started drinking whole milk, a gallon a week just like 2%, and it makes no difference in my weight.     My surgery is on April 3.   Thank you for your prayers.   mark

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed getting to know you by reading this meme.  Your answers are the most original and honest of all I've seen going around J-Land.  These are really, really good answers and I learned a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this one.... I'm gonna do it on mine!!!

    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't know these "getting to know yous" were called meme. Learn something every day.
    I am going to do this too :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Now is your chance! So what do you want to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...