Sunday, March 9, 2008

JLand Photo Shoot #129 participants... ( Subject: Sights of My Town)

                               
                    JLand Photo Shoot #129: Sights of My Town

Welcome to this week's photo shoot.  I want to thank those of you who took the time to go out and shoot photos this week.  It's interesting to see the towns where other people live.  I feel like I have gone on a mini vacation after viewing these photos!  Now on to the pictures. 
 
Here are this week's participants:  
 
Betty of Koda's Corgi Tales show us her beautiful beach  
 
Antonette of Jottings From Jersey lives in a town where you can still ride horses or walk your dog unleashed
 
Dana of My Photo Lounge shows us her courthouse and a former cotton mill
 
Linda of Footprints in the Sand shows us a flowering plum tree and a flowering pear tree!  This time of year?
 
Jama of sweet memories.....  shows us Singapore
 
Addition:  Please check out the entries below also.  AOL was making adjustments on Saturday eve/night and some were not able to post entries by the deadline.  Others were late because they were unavoidably delayed.  Here are their entries: 
 
Martha of Perception shows us the sights of her town!
 
Monica of Midnight Conversations shows us Tacoma's metal palm trees!
 
 
I also took a photo this week.  Here is my entry.
 
                        
This bronze statue is a landmark in my town.  It was recently sculptured, based upon a local photograph taken in 1894.  In the 1894 photograph, a pig was in the street (a now very busy street) in my town.  It depicts how rural and agricultural we used to be! 
 
Okay, thanks again to those of you who played.  Let's all visit these entries, as each person went to a lot of trouble to take the photos!  Thanks so much!
 
I will post a new subject tomorrow (March 10).
 
Love you all,
 
Krissy :)

13 comments:

  1. There was too much going on this week for me to play:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that pig picture, Krissy, so cute :)

    thanks for doing this; looking forward to tomorrow's subject :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better late than never? Here's mine...
    http://journals.aol.com/lifes2odd/perception/entries/2008/03/09/better-late-than-never/675
    Martha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pic, I love it!!!  Going to visit the rest!!

    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE those piggies!  Hope you can expand on the pigs someday, sissy!  I visited all of these!  SUPER!!  Hugs, Val xox
    http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some cute piggies for sure!!!  I am late getting mine in but here it is:
    http://journals.aol.com/randlprysock/AdventuresFromFlorida/entries/2008/03/09/jland-photo-shoot-129-participants...--subject-sights-of-my-town/2258
    Lisa (private)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Krissy - sorry to be running so late!  Here is my entry:
    http://journals.aol.com/monicasmemoirs/midnight-conversations/entries/2008/03/09/late-so-soon/1476

    Thank you for being understanding and sending the e-mail :-)

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those pigs!  How cute.  I was going to feature the fish around our town but went a different direction.  However, I finally got all the fish pictures.  :-)

    Looking forward to next weeks shoot.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made my rounds. Thanks adding mine to the list even though I was late. Oh and I love your piggies :-)
    Martha ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute statue for your town....
    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made the rounds to all the entries listed.  It was fun visiting the different towns.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed visiting these entries, love your porcine sow - unique.  CATHY
    http://joujrnals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have a similar statue on top of a barbacue restaurant.  
    Love,
    D

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Now is your chance! So what do you want to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...